Happy Holidays all! To celebrate the season of giving, we are hosting a giveaway here at Marco Polo. All through December we have been posting a daily Holiday tradition from one of the Marco Polo destinations. Now let’s see what you remember about the 24 traditions we shared. We are going to ask you five questions and you can submit your answers below in the comments. One lucky commenter is going to receive five copies of our Marco Polo Spiral Guides of their choice and a Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 camera.
THE HOLIDAY QUIZ
- The Finnish word for Father Christmas is Joulupukki, but what does it mean?
A: Father Christmas
B: Christmas Man
C: Christmas Goat
D: Spirit of Christmas
- The traditional Japanese Christmas dinner is…
D: Noodle soup
- How many kangaroos does Father Christmas have, according to the Australians?
- The Swedish lussekatt is a…
C: Sweet bun made with saffron and cardamom
D: Holiday in Sweden
- One of the world’s largest and well-known Santa Claus parades is held annually in…
A: New York
Not sure about your answers? You can find all the answers in our Advent Calendar posts!
To celebrate the season of giving, Marco Polo is organising a giveaway! We are giving away a set of 5 Marco Polo Spiral Guides and a Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 camera to one lucky winner, chosen at random.
How to enter?
Simply answer the five questions from this post in the comments below. You can earn more win-chances by liking our Facebook page and by following our Twitter and Instagram and by letting us know in your comment that you have done so.
The competition is open from Monday 25 December 2017 until Sunday 31 December 2017 at 12.00 GMT. We will contact the winner personally via email using the email address used to leave the comment so make sure to check that it is spelled correctly!
Terms and Conditions:
- The promotion is open to UK and EU residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees and their immediate families of Marco Polo, its agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
- To enter, simply comment on the blog post. Additional win-chances may be acquired by liking the Marco Polo Facebook page and by following the Marco Polo Twitter and Instagram accounts. If the entrant has done any of the mentioned actions, it should be stated in the comment.
- This competition will commence on 25 December 2017 and all entries must be received by 12.00 GMT on 31 December 2017. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, posted late, misdirected, and incorrect, garbled or fail to reach the Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid.
- No purchase necessary, however internet access is required.
- The Prizes: 1 x prize winner will receive 5 x Marco Polo Spiral Guides: (£9.99 each) and a Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 camera.
- The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The winner will be liable for all costs and expenses not stated relating to claiming or partaking of the prize.
- The promoter may substitute the prize for a prize of an equal or greater value if, for any reason the original item is unavailable.
- By entering, winners agree that if they win they will participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by The Promoter or its agencies.
- By entering the promotion entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms & conditions and by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter or its agencies accept no responsibility for any loss or damage suffered through acceptance of the prize.
- The Promoter or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of The Promoter or its agencies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
- The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering or to have tampered with the operation of the promotion or the Marco Polo website, or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions.
- To the full extent permitted by law the Promoter will not accept liability for any loss, damage, injury or death arising from this promotion beyond its reasonable control.
The Promoter is Marco Polo Travel Publishing, Pinewood, Chineham Business Park, Crockford Lane, Chineham, Basingstoke, RG24 8AL