Thailand remains one of our ultimate favourite travel destinations. The food, the culture, the people, the beauty of it all – really, the only reason to leave Thailand is so you can return! Here is Marco Polo’s list of ten reasons to go back to Thailand, or visit for the first time if you haven’t already:
1. Life is too short not to come back to Thailand, the most beautiful country in the world.
2. The brochures call it a slice of heaven on earth – and they’re right!
3. Spend your summers in Europe and escape the winter by heading to Thailand.
4. What more could you want than two oceans boasting 3,000 km of tropical coast.
5. Thailand is so cheap that you can still have incredible experiences on a budget.
6. With museums, events and over 25,000 temples, you’ll never run out of things to do.
7. Showing consideration for other peoples’ feelings is a fundamental cornerstone of Thai society.
8. Thailand has the best curries to be found anywhere in the world.
9. You won’t fail to notice that sanuk – joie de vivre – is a vital element of Thai life.
10. When you visit the “Land of Smiles” you’ll feel welcome from the first minute to the last.
Buy the Thailand Marco Polo Spiral Guide.